If you are encountering an error in the verification process, it doesn't necessarily mean that we can't verify your identity at all; it simply means that we were unable to verify your information based on the information entered.
In order to complete the identity-proofing process, the information you enter must match the information in your official identity records.
Some examples that would cause you to encounter this error would include the following:
- The information you entered did not match.
- You recently has a name change. (If this is the case, please try again using the name you had prior to the change as some authoritative records may not update immediately).
- The information you entered matches an identity that already exists in our system.
- Your credit/identity profile has been frozen either voluntarily, precautionary, or as a result of your identity being compromised.
- The information you entered was entered incorrectly.
- You have moved within the last year.
- There is erroneous information in your credit file.
If your credit file is frozen, please follow the instructions in the article titled "What do I do if my credit is frozen?"